Today, the Verkhovna Rada passed the bill 3219 to prevent the outbreak and spread of coronavirus disease. Although the law is aimed at combating the virus, it is people and businesses who will bear responsibility.
Therefore, the following types of administrative responsibility are provided:
- Violation of the quarantine rules and hygienic, sanitary rules for the prevention of epidemics will cost a fine of between 17,000 and 34,000 UAH for citizens (exept for foreigners) and between 34,000 and 170,000 UAH for officials.
The Protocols will be drawn up by employees of the National Police, bodies of the State Sanitary and Epidemiological Service, officials empowered by the executive committees / bodies of village,city councils and health authorities (the latter in case of intestinally false emergency call). The decisions will be taken by the Courts.
- Violation of the procedure for public procurement of goods, works and services necessary to prevent the outbreak and spread, localization and elimination of outbreaks of coronavirus disease (a list of such goods will be developed by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine) will cost a fine of between UAH 11,900 and UAH 25,500.
At the same time, a simplified procedure is established for such goods, works and services – there is only one requirement of the procurement law for them, namely the publication of procurement reports. It should be noted about the risk of closed procedures, because there is a risk of manipulation during the procurement.
The protocols will be drawn up by the State Financial Bodies and the Accounts Chamber. The decision will also be taken by the Courts.
Criminal liability has also been introduced:
- Violation of the rules and norms established for the prevention of epidemic and other infectious diseases, as well as massively non-infectious disease (poisoning) and control of a diseases, if such actions lead or could deliberately lead to the spread of these diseases will cost a fine of between 17,000 to 51,000 UAH, arrest up to 6 months, restraint or imprisonment up to 3 years.
If the violation of these rules led to the death of people or other serious consequences the responsible people will be imprisoned from 5 to 8 years.
As we have informed, that the introduced quarantine provides for such restrictive measures:
- educational institutions are closed;
- it is forbidden to receipt visitors, including public catering enterprises (restaurants, cafes, etc.), shopping and entertainment centers, other recreational facilities, fitness centers, cultural institutions, trade and consumer services, except for retail food , fuel, hygiene products, medicines and medical products, means of communications, banking and insurance operations;
- It is forbidden to conduct all mass (cultural, entertainment, sports, social, religious, advertising and other) events in which more than 10 people are taking part;
- intercity and inter-regional transport connections (except for passenger cars) were canceled, transportation of more than 10 people together is prohibited; the subway is closed;
- crossing of the state border is limited;
- foreigners are not allowed to enter Ukraine.