Managing Partner of ESQURES law firm, Attorney Oleksander Shkelebey, moderated the session of the Autumn Forum “Bar:Formula for Success. UNBA Autumn Forum” dedicated to the future of legal business.
In a public discussion, the leaders from different spheres of Ukrainian and international legal business met: Lavrynovych & Partners Law Firm Executive Partner Stanyslav Skrypnik, founder and partner of VB PARTNERS Denys Bugay,General Director of Infotropic Media Holger Zscheyge, attorney of Amber Corporation lawyer Anton Hantukh and senior partner of Zhovannyk & Partners, attorney and mediator Evhen Hylyn.
They discussed trends and competition on the legal market, the problems of legal practice and many other issues that concern attorneys and lawyers today.
During the busy discussion, the Speakers came to very unpredictable and interesting conclusions, in particular:
– it’s not only information technologies, but also “bearded freaks”, who became popular, so you have to appreciate the ability to wear classic costumes;
– income per lawyer of a law boutique can be twice as much as in a full service law firm;
– the highest level of defense of attorney-client privilege – the size of the attorney’s fee;
– extra expertise allows you to justify the highest benefit for the client;
– lawyers have to abandon their anthropocentric solutions of legal issues and use modern software;
– if technologies provide an opportunities to make the process of providing services more efficiently, such technologies should be applied.
«The necessity for quality services is always relevant, and legal decisions must be quick. It makes lawyers think out of box, find a creative approach to solve legal issues, be prepared to provide alternative proposals, optimize business expenses and adapt to the needs of clients, who are constantly changing», -Oleksander Shkelebey summed up his presentation.